Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Test updates in trunk: need for (mini) review?
From: Thorsten Ottosen (thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-30 06:03:39

On 29-10-2012 18:33, Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> Thorsten Ottosen <thorsten.ottosen <at> dezide.com> writes:
>> That seems like a lot of nice improvements. However, there is one
>> thing that could save a lot of time for us, and that's the ability
>> to run a specific test as the first one.
>>
>> Is that hard to add?
>
> You can always run that test by name and do a second run which skips
> that test case:
>
> test.exe --run=my/special/test
> test.exe --run=!my/special/test
>
> More generically you can attach label to some specific test units and
> run them exclusively.
>
> Direct support within single test tree pass of priorities may not be
> trivial.

Ok. Maybe I should define better what I have found a need for
(it would save tons of time, FWIW). When I said "test" I meant
a single test case, like defined by BOOST_AUTO_TEST_CASE.

If "test" means test suite as defined by BOOST_AUTO_TEST_SUITE, I guess
I can get most of what I want by making a dummy test suite and move my
problematic code to that suite while debugging.

regards

-Thorsten