Subject: Re: [boost] [Variant] Documentation Questions/Notes
From: Brian Simpson (wheber_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-02 01:42:47

Dave Abrahams <dave <at> boostpro.com> writes:

> <snip>
>
> - I note that the implementation has at least some support for move
> semantics and yet the docs require all elements to be "bounded types",
> which in turn are required to be CopyConstructible. Is that accurate,
> or outdated?

I think that furthest the requirement can be relaxed is to require bounded types
to be either CopyConstructible or "VariantMoveConstructEnabled", where the
latter involves whatever is required to allow variant to "move construct" the
type (I haven't studied that code so I don't know precisely what is required).