Subject: Re: [boost] Help! Detecting that two template aliases are equal.
From: Matt Calabrese (rivorus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-02 22:19:39

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 8:44 PM, Mathias Gaunard <
mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Since you're working with concepts, couldn't you use archetypes?

Right now I'm dealing with something a little more important to the
fundamentals of concepts -- the implementation of [concept.refine.maps] p3
( http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2009/n2914.pdf#page=416),
which is actually extremely complicated to do properly in an emulated
manner. What's frustrating is that I've managed to do it almost entirely,
with only a tiny hiccup being that I require checking the equivalence of
template aliases. I need to do this both for compatibility checking and to
eliminate duplicates when looking up more-refined concept maps via the
hierarchy of less-refined concept specifiers, which need to be implement
internally via template aliases. I have postponed archetypes to a later
time and it would be unfortunate if I had to wait until I finished
implementing them before explicit concept maps of less-refined concepts
could be made to work.

--
-Matt Calabrese