Subject: Re: [boost] C++ announcements coming tomorrow
From: Nevin Liber (nevin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-05 03:26:04

On 4 November 2012 14:42, Paul Mensonides <pmenso57_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Stephan T. Lavavej. He's a standard library guy at MS. He's around here
> from time to time, but also makes C++-related videos for MS's Channel 9 PDM
> (propaganda distribution mechanism).

So by propaganda you mean making high quality (both in material and
production values) videos freely available to the C++ community? Kudos to
Microsoft for that! Bring it on!

As I see it, Herb is trying to bring together the C++ community, and
unfortunately, you seem to be trying to drive a wedge into it.

You've made a straw man argument about altruism, even though Herb
specifically said on Friday that the reason companies are contributing to
the Standard C++ Foundation is that it makes good business sense for them,
so I certainly don't see where *anybody*, let alone Herb, is claiming
companies are sponsoring this out of the goodness of their hearts (if you
have a counter link, I'd appreciate seeing it). I see incredibly obvious,
not hidden agendas. Full disclosure: I work for one of the founding
members of the Standard C++ Foundation.

Even with Beman as one of the directors of the C++ Standard Foundation, you
still want to encourage us to fear and doubt the effort?

--
 Nevin ":-)" Liber  <mailto:nevin_at_[hidden]>  (847) 691-1404