Subject: Re: [boost] [type_traits] is_complete<T> possible realization
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-05 05:02:18

> So,
>
> Is there interest in such metafunction?
> Can somebody give advices how to improve it? (I`m not sure that
> implementation is portable, I`ve tested it only on GCC-4.6 and
> CLANG-3.0, MSVC compiler will be available only tomorrow)

I don't have an answer to your question, except this has been suggested
before - and got shot down because the definition of is_complete<T> would
need to change depending where it was instantiated - and you can't do that
(one definition rule).

BTW if all you want is an assertion that a type is complete then:

BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT(sizeof(T));

would do the trick.

John.