Subject: Re: [boost] [functional] Interested in can_be_called<F, Sig> metafunction?
From: TONGARI (tongari95_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-06 03:22:37

2012/11/6 Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]>

> On 11/5/2012 9:12 PM, TONGARI wrote:

> public.

> >> There is a feature request for this already in Trac, with source code
> >> attached.
> >>
> >> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/3783
> >>
> >> Sadly, it was opened 3 years ago.
> >
> > Surely I'm aware of this, but I don't think it'd work out-of-box, would
> it?
>
> What do you mean? If you mean that the attached code needs polish, I
> guess you're probably right, but it's been 3 years since I wrote it. :-)

That was my first try that doesn't compile, but it's due to the disability
in file iteration for local include path on the compiler I used, but it's
easy to fix anyway.

And some misreading in your code gave me the impression that it won't work
properly, but surely it does work :-)

Regarding the difference, mine also concerns the return type (it's useful
in my case) and capable of member-function ptr (not sure it's useful or
not) and may work for some contrived cases...

> If your code is polished, has docs, and tests, then maybe you can attach
> it to the ticket and ping Tobias. If he doesn't respond, then I guess
> Function_types is looking for a new maintainer, and you could be it.

But I don't want it in FunctionTypes, Functional seems a better place to me
and could just become Functional/Can Be Called as other Functional/XXX.