Subject: Re: [boost] [clang] Windows toolset support?
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-06 14:36:21

On 10/22/2012 8:53 PM, Chris Glover wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 3:07 PM, Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> I build clang from source on cygwin and use that. I like to track their
>> upstream closely since they quickly fix the bugs I report. My
>> user-config.jam has this:
>>
>> using clang : : /usr/local/bin/clang++ : <compileflags>-std=gnu++11 ;
>>
>> Then I run bjam from bash. Works ok, but clang has a long-ish startup
>> time under cygwin. Several seconds per TU.
>
> Have you tried building a statically linked version? I had this problem
> not under cygwin but under MSys - building a statically linked clang fixed
> it.

Following up on this. I don't know what changed recently, but the
performance of my clang under cygwin has improved dramatically. I have
updated cygwin and rebuilt clang from scratch. I didn't do anything
specifically to switch to a statically linked cygwin. I haven't
investigated. Guess: perhaps the cygwin upgrade caused a rebaseall?

Happy camper,

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing