Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Process 0.5: Another update/potential candidate for an official library
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-07 17:30:25

Quick questions after having read the doc:
 1. Does error handling works with processes we launch and don't wait for
too? I assume yes.
 2. I remember pointing before that in this example:

execute(
    run_exe("test.exe"),
    set_cmd_line("test --foo /bar"));

There is repetition of the executable name. I suggested allowing to
set_cmd_line() without run_exe(). Did you implement this possibility?

3."On Windows a relative path is relative to the work directory of the
parent process. On POSIX a relative path is relative to the work directory
set with start_in_dir as the directory is changed before the program
starts."
Does this means that using start_in_dir on Windows have no effect?

4. There are mentions of the helper facilities but it would be better if
their use was explained in the document too.

I still think it's problematic to not provide similar behaviour between
platforms, but I'm willing to make a first (real application) test and see
if I can help improve later.

Joel Lamotte