Subject: Re: [boost] C++ announcements coming tomorrow
From: Paul Mensonides (pmenso57_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-08 15:43:56

On 11/8/2012 6:12 AM, Dave Abrahams wrote:

> on Mon Nov 05 2012, Paul Mensonides <pmenso57-AT-comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Oh, don't worry. I also see incredibly obvious agendas. As I said,
>> however, I have no problem with the foundation at present. The only
>> thing about it I believe is questionable is Herb's presence on the
>> board of directors--and that is because I do not trust Herb.
>
> I've had my issues with Herb in the past, but on this particular point
> it's only fair to point out that he drove the whole effort of creating
> this foundation. He's invested significant *personal* blood sweat and
> tears in getting it set up, and his bosses at Microsoft didn't order him
> to do it. It seems perfectly appropriate to me that this organization
> be led by those with the largest personal investment in it.

Well, I don't really have a problem with it. Whether it turns out to be
a good thing or bad thing depends on how it is handled. With this
foundation, I'm actually less concerned about Herb's presence and more
concerned about it being a one-party party WRT to committee "factions",
but time will tell.

Regards,
Paul Mensonides