Subject: Re: [boost] [datetime] IANA Time Zone Database
From: Maxim Yegorushkin (maxim.yegorushkin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-09 05:22:23

On 08/11/12 17:36, Maxim Yegorushkin wrote:
> On 08/11/12 15:15, Artyom Beilis wrote:
>> You can use Boost.Locale that is compiled with ICU backend.
>>
>> ICU supports Time Zone database and you can specify the timezone by
>> its name, parse time or create
>>
>> date_time object and get POSIX (UTC) time form it.
>>

>> Artyom Beilis
>> --------------
>> CppCMS - C++ Web Framework: http://cppcms.com/
>> CppDB - C++ SQL Connectivity: http://cppcms.com/sql/cppdb/
>>> ________________________________

Thinking more about it, my local times are coming in as broken down time
representation (year, month, ...), so I won't be dealing with streams at
all.

Is there a way to do timezone conversions without using streams?
Something similar to pytz:

     timezone paris("Europe/Paris"), utc("UTC");
     date_time t(2012, 10, 9, 10, 19, 0); // no timezone associated
     date_time utc_t(paris.localize(t).astimezone(utc));

?

-- Maxim