Subject: Re: [boost] Possible submission: Expanded std::bind compatible with std::move
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-14 04:12:22

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 6:08 PM, $B%9%^!<%H%"%7%e%j!<(B <ashley.smart.work_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I noticed that std::bind inst compatible with std::move.. I created a
> workaround for it in c++11 here. I would like to see it added to boost if
> thats ok.
>
> Please review my code... and let me know if its a viable candidate to be
> added to boost and what code changes are need before that.
>
> http://code-slim-jim.blogspot.jp/2012/11/perfect-forwarding-bind-compatable-with.html

Whether or not std::bind supports move semantics is a matter of a
particular STL implementation; you should probably ask your vendor
about that. Although I would expect every implementation to support it
eventually.

I don't think Boost needs yet another bind implementation, in addition
to Boost.Bind. But I would really like to see Boost.Bind and
Boost.Phoenix supporting move when native rvalue references are
available. Is this support planned?