Subject: Re: [boost] [container] container_detail::pair piecewise constructor
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-15 06:45:43

On 14 November 2012 17:53, László Szécsi <szecsi_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I understand that variadic templates have not been very portable and
> boost::unordered, which has a piecewise constructor implementation,
> does it completely differently and much more painfully.

Much of the complexity was from supporting the old variadic
constructors for pairs, which were pretty problematic. Since that's
been deprecated for some time (you need to define a macro to use it) I
could probably remove it and that might lead to a simpler
implementation. I suspect I'm the only person who ever used it anyway.

Also, I didn't use the trick for constructing objects from tuples on
compilers with variadic templates because I wasn't aware of it at the
time. At some point I'll use it instead, but I'll still need the
macros for compilers without full variadic support.