Subject: Re: [boost] Failing to build Boost.Test library using Clang 3.1 on Netbeans
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-16 12:02:10

Ah - *significance* may be clear to you, but escaped my understanding ;-)

> Right, no dllexport, no exported symbols. Please try a static build for now.

OK I'll try static next.

> > I have also failed to build using bjam (missing <cstddef> so missing
> > the right stdlib?) and I wonder if both these are connected with lack
> > of a suitable boost/config.hpp which caters for Clang *on this configuration*.
>
> Can you build with b2?

isn't b2.exe the same as bjam.exe?

I couldn't, but I was stuck with missing <cstddef> - I suspect the wrong or missing stdlib?

Any suggestions on what this should be?

> > Where would/should __clang__ be defined in order to select this compiler?
> >
> > My user-config.jam contains (in an attempt to cure )
>
> Thanks for your config. I'll try to set up clang but this mght take a while.

If your think that this is what is required, I'll give it a shot.

Thanks

Paul