Subject: Re: [boost] Heads up - string_ref landing
From: Nevin Liber (nevin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-16 12:38:06

On 16 November 2012 10:54, Yanchenko Maxim <maximyanchenko_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Those are high-performance constructs. We can only pray that a compiler
> will be smart enough to convert our iterator-based code to
> memcpy/memcmp/memset, and from my experience compilers are not nearly as
> smart if it's slightly beyond trivial cases.

Now we are getting somewhere. Actual experience. Could you elaborate on
the compilers and constructs that need to be hand optimized into equivalent
code because the optimizers aren't doing it themselves? Or are there
better constructs with size that aren't equivalent to their pointer
counterparts?

--
 Nevin ":-)" Liber  <mailto:nevin_at_[hidden]>  (847) 691-1404