Subject: Re: [boost] Countertree
From: Leo Goodstadt (leo.goodstadt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-16 13:25:09

> Subject: Re: [boost] Review Wizard Report for November 2012
> Hi all,
> I would like to request a formal review of the library ?Countertree +
> Suballocator? [countertree]
>
> Project location ( zip file with code and documentation) :
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8437476/works/countertree_code_doc.zip
>
> Quick view of documentation with code download :
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8437476/works/countertree/index.html
>
> For the people who don't know this project, this is a description :
>
> *COUNTERTREE*
>
> This library is an implementation of a binary red-black counter tree. This
> tree have an additional counter in each leaf. This permit the access to the
> elements by the position, like in a vector. It is a random access container
> with random access iterators

Among other things, countertree would allow the boost Statistical
Accumulators Library to support rolling median and rolling quantiles
efficiently. This would be very useful.

I had previously had to hack the tree class in the Policy-Based Data
Structures part of the gnu c++ library.
(see
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/ext/pb_ds/tree_order_statistics_node_update.html)

Leo Goodstadt