Subject: Re: [boost] [container] container_detail::pair piecewise constructor
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-17 04:29:33

El 15/11/2012 14:12, László Szécsi escribió:
> On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 12:45 PM, Daniel James <dnljms_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On 14 November 2012 17:53, László Szécsi <szecsi_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>> boost::unordered, which has a piecewise constructor implementation,
>>
>> Much of the complexity was from supporting the old variadic
>> constructors for pairs, which were pretty problematic.
>> but I'll still need the
>> macros for compilers without full variadic support.
> Absolutely. Great work, well done! If only someone did the same for flat_map.

Can you please fill a ticket for this? The main problem is with
compilers without variadic templates. Implementing piecewise construct
for C++03 required a lot of job due to the internal C++11 pair
emulation, so I decided to implement it later than some other neede
features. I'll take a look to Unordered implementation to get some
inspiration.

However I'm afraid I won't have time to implement it shortly. We can
maybe start with compilers supporting variadic templates and support
other compilers in a future release.

Best,

Ion