Subject: Re: [boost] Should the clang, c++11 and libstdc++ configuration supported?
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-17 11:07:54

Le 17/11/12 16:36, Daniel James a écrit :
> On 17 November 2012 15:25, Vicente J. Botet Escriba
> <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Le 17/11/12 15:52, Daniel James a écrit :
>>
>>> This is only an issue with older versions of libstdc++ in C++11 mode,
>>> so I don't think it's a common problem. I only came across it in
>>> Boost.Test because I was trying to recreate an error people were
>>> seeing. For normal development, I'd never do it.
>>>

>> So IIUC, the config clang + -std=c++0x/c++11 + gcc non c++11 supporting
>> library is not a usual case, and so should not be supported.
> No, I just don't think it's common, so it isn't essential. But it's
> certainly nice to support it - I do. I don't have any real data on how
> common it is, and the same issue might pop up elsewhere, so it's hard
> to tell just how important it is, or isn't.
Boost.Thread can not support this combination until Boost.SmartPtr and
Boost.Test fixes them. I has the impression that Peter has the intention
to fix it, but don't Gennadiy. If Boost.test don't fixes this
combination a lot of libraries will be concerned, at least for what
concerns their own tests.

Best,
Vicente