Subject: Re: [boost] gcc 4.4.3 + boost optional 1.40 crash [same with boost 1.50/1.52]
From: Gaetano Mendola (mendola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-24 01:42:20

On 11/24/2012 12:55 AM, Sergey Cheban wrote:
> 23.11.2012 18:29, Gaetano Mendola пишет:
>

>> Are you suggesting to ditch gcc and/or boost released with the distribution we use,
>> and say to our development department gcc and/or boost fixed it "by accident" on their
>> last releases?
> If you want to get the bugfix, you have to upgrade.
>
>> I would like you to consider the following, not impossible, scenario:
> Ок, let's suppose that the bug is still here. Let's suppose that boost or gcc developers will find and fix it.
> But you are still locked in your 3-year-old environment and have no chance to get the fix.

I'll be happy to have solved someone else problems to not talk about the fact that an issue
solved in an old version of sofwtare can still exist in new version but triggered instead
by something else than my own test case. Don't you agree?

That's why I'm a bit disappointed about how the gcc bug was closed with the same: "works with
new version" but after all 4.4.3 is not maintaned.

With boost instead for version 1.52 I can read that GCC 4.4.3 is tested as primary compiler.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola