Subject: Re: [boost] [config] Macro for null pointer
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-29 02:15:31

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 8:43 PM, Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr.
<jeffrey.hellrung_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> using boost::nullptr;
>>

> One thing I wonder about is if this using declaration is The Right Thing To
> Do. An alternative is to provide a macro to bring the nullptr identifier
> into the current scope (and which does nothing in C++11).

I don't like the macro with using declaration. I'd rather have this
using declaration in the header, with possibility to disable it by
defining a config macro:

#ifndef BOOST_NO_GLOBAL_NULLPTR
using boost::nullptr;
#endif

And I want this declaration to be enabled by default since the
language keyword is not scoped in a namespace and that's what we try
to emulate. The macro switch is only there to solve problems if they
arise.