Subject: Re: [boost] Changes to VS 2012 config
From: Sergey Cheban (s.cheban_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-01 06:59:04

01.12.2012 11:20, Andrey Semashev пишет:

> I disagree. If CTP is not an indication of a feature support in the
> official compiler, why should we support it?
Because this will allow us to test the implementation of the new
compiler features as early as possible. For example, if the decltype
support had been tested by Boost before the MSVC2012 release it would
have been found buggy earlier and we wouldn't have had to add the
decltype-related workaround for the VC11 to the Boost.

Earlier test -> earlier bugreport -> earlier bugfix -> no workaround.

> Adding workarounds for CTP
> bugs is probably reasonable but not new features. OTOH the rolloing
> releases give new features the official status, and we can be sure they
> won't disappear.
CTP is a preview. The community (i.e., we) should test it and tell MS
about any bugs found and especially about bugs in the new features. But
I don't think that we should make workarounds or support the previews in
any other way.

--
Best regards,
Sergey Cheban