Subject: Re: [boost] [context] asm_context_sources breaking regression testing for WinCE
From: David Deakins (ddeakins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-02 09:55:15

On 12/2/2012 3:17 AM, Oliver Kowalke wrote:
> Hello Dave,
>
>> I finally got a little bit of time to investigate recent strange behavior
>> on the VeecoFTC regression tester and found that the build jamfile for the
>> context library is halting Boost.Build during the regression tests. It
>> appears that, when it can't find an appropriate architecture to use, it
>> actually generates an argument error in try-one-generator-really. I
>> attached the output of the bjam.log and perhaps it will be useful for
>> investigating. Let me know if you would like me to try anything.
>>

> Maybe you can write a little test-app checking for this macro:
>
> #include <iostream>
>
> int main( int argc, char * argv[]) {
> #if defined (_M_IX86)
> std::cout << "_M_IX86 defined\n";
> #else
> std::cout << "_M_IX86 not defined\n";
> #endif
>
> return 0;
> }

The _M_IX86 is not defined.

However, I am actually less concerned about whether or not Boost.Context
is functional on WinCE/ARM. What doesn't seem right is that
Boost.Context is aborting the entire regression test sequence by
generating a run-time error in the jamfile. I would expect that if
Boost.Context does not know which asm files to build for a certain
platform, then it would fail gracefully and allow the regression test
script to move on to other tests for other libraries. At the moment,
the VeecoFTC regresssion tester is now unable to reliably test any
libraries because of the way that the Boost.Context jamfile handles this
problem.

Thanks,
-Dave