Subject: Re: [boost] [Range] Proposal: a sub-maintainer of Boost.Range
From: Michel Morin (mimomorin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-02 11:15:37

Below is a description of SVN configuration, commit and merge.

A good exercise for committing and merging would be:
* adding yourself to libs/maintainers.txt (after Neil Groves)

[SVN configuration]
Here is how I set up my system for write access to
the Boost subversion repository.

1. Modify the subversion configuration (~/.subversion/config)
for mime-type and eol-style, according to the following link
  https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostSubversion#MIMETypesandEnd-Of-LineStyles

2. Creating a working copy with authentication
  svn co https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk boost-trunk --username
MY_USERNAME

[Commit]
When I commit, I do the following command
  svn commit --username MY_USERNAME -m 'COMMIT_LOG'

If the commit log contains
  fix #XXXX (or fixes #XXXX, fixed #XXXX)
then the trac ticket #XXXX is automatically closed by the post-commit hook.
The commit log is also automatically added to the trac ticket as a comment.

Some libraries close trac tickets when the fix is committed to trunk, but
other libraries do not close trac tickets until the fix is merged to release.
For such libraries,
  refs #XXXX
can be used to automatically add the commit log to the trac ticket
as a comment (without closing the ticket).

[Merge]
I've never done a merge, so I cannot say about it...
Boost wiki has some information on merging:
  https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ImprovingPractices#Mergingchangesfromdevelopmenttrunktoreleasebranch

Regards,
Michel