Subject: Re: [boost] [context] asm_context_sources breaking regression testing for WinCE
From: Oliver Kowalke (oliver.kowalke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-03 09:09:57

2012/12/3 David Deakins <ddeakins_at_[hidden]>

> On 12/3/2012 12:41 AM, Oliver Kowalke wrote:
>
>> other unsupported platforms like Itanium gracefully fail - your build env
>> is broken because you build WinCE for x86 but _M_X86 is not defined (but
>> MSDN describes that it should - see link in my previous post).
>>

> Actually that regression test platform is for Windows Mobile 5 which is an
> ARMv4i build. So I think it is correct that the _M_X86 flag is not defined.

OK

> It's not clear to me why you are reluctant to provide the fallback alias
> for situations like this where the existing set of aliases fail to match
> anything. Do you have a specific concern about this method? Also if you
> have any alternative way to make the build jamfile more robust in this
> situation, I am not picky about this approach.

I don't like the idea to add a dummy cpp-file. I tried to use <build>no but
without success.
I'm still wondering why on of your test systems (9.0~wm5~stlport5.2 ==
Windows CE 5 ?) gracefully fails (with message 'platform not supported')
and the other one does fail without any information (at least at thre
regression test page). Does bjam segfault or do you get some
output/warnings/errors?
I've removed an unreferenced alias from Jamfile.v2 - but it would be
suspicious if this would have caused the error.