Subject: Re: [boost] Changes to VS 2012 config
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-03 15:01:54

On Dec 3, 2012, at 11:56 AM, Lars Viklund <zao_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 06:50:59AM +1100, Joshua Boyce wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 6:15 AM, Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>>> [SNIPPED]
>>>
>>> Whether to support the CTP releases in Boost.Config is still an open
>>> question.
>>
>> At the very least I think that adding toolset support for it in Boost.Build
>> would be hugely beneficial to users (though I'm not sure how that would
>> work... msvc-ctp perhaps?). It would enable people who use Boost.Build as
>> the build system for their project(s) to easily test their code under the
>> CTP.* Whether to add support for the CTP in Boost.Config is a different
>> issue however.
>>
>> * I'm aware that you can still do it if you run the Developer Command
>> Prompt then set up the PATH and INCLUDE environmental variables yourself,
>> but having automatic support in Boost.Build would be nice.
>
> In particular, having autolinking and tagging working as intended would
> be very nice, no matter if it's a CTP or OOB update.
>
> I'm currently blocked from moving to the v110_xp toolset from v100 due
> to the lack of support in it in Boost.Build. Have we've agreed yet in
> the thread that the non-CTP updates _shall_ be implemented eventually?

I'm actually working on those.
I _believe_ that I've got the library specific bits correct - but would appreciate a second (or third) set of eyes on them.
[ They were checked into the trunk in r81613 ]

The second half is to match up the compiler capabilities.

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow Idio Software <mailto:mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>

A.D. 1517: Martin Luther nails his 95 Theses to the church door and is promptly moderated down to (-1, Flamebait).
        -- Yu Suzuki