Subject: Re: [boost] Looking for someone with MSVC 8 or MSVC 9
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-04 17:08:11

On Dec 4, 2012, at 12:17 PM, Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 12/4/2012 12:05 PM, Eric Niebler wrote:
>> On 12/4/2012 11:03 AM, Marshall Clow wrote:
>>> One of the string_ref tests is failing on these two compilers -
>>> neither of which I have access to.
>>>
>>> I would appreciate some help debugging this failure
>>>
>>> [ FWIW, the same tests pass on MSVC 10 and 11 ]
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> I'm looking at this.
>
> Patch attached. Looks like msvc 8 and 9 can't handle a throw
> expression in a conditional expression.

Thanks, Eric!

The reason that's all done up in ?: is that due to the current limitations on constexpr functions.
However, MSVC 8 and 9 don't support constexpr, so that point is moot.

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow Idio Software <mailto:mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>

A.D. 1517: Martin Luther nails his 95 Theses to the church door and is promptly moderated down to (-1, Flamebait).
        -- Yu Suzuki