Subject: Re: [boost] Flow-based programming library for Boost?
From: Marcus Tomlinson (themarcustomlinson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-06 07:37:32

This is a very powerful and impressive modeling system, but its very intimidating! Don't get me wrong, this is obviously my opinion. I believe this is why so few people use (or are even aware of) flow-based programming in their projects (hobbyists + companies).

As I've said, my intention is to make flow-based programming more accessible and easy-to-use/learn/understand, mainly because when I was getting into it all I could find we're these very complex implementations that scare me. The scarcity of documentation on DSPatch isn't helping at the moment I think, but I'm working on that.

Anyone that has just read this, please let me know what you think about my view on the dataflow/flow-based programming options (or perhaps a lack thereof) out there.