Subject: Re: [boost] [release] permission to merge atomic and lockfree
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-07 11:17:44

On 6 December 2012 11:49, Tim Blechmann <tim_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> hi all,
>
> apparently boost.atomic has been abandoned. i must admit, i'm very
> disappointed that the original author did hardly reacted neither on-list
> nor off-list.
>
> furthermore, it is blocking the release of boost.lockfree, so i'm
> volunteering to maintain this library.

I thought we'd agreed that lockfree could be initially released for
just compilers with native support.

> i'd rather see helge bahmann
> coming back and taking over responsibility for his code, but frankly, i
> lost all hopes that this is going to happen.
>
> iac, i'd like to get permission from the release managers to merge both
> atomic and lockfree to the release branch.

As far as I'm concerned, lockfree is okay for merging. Could do with
marking up expected failures.

I'll get back to you about atomic. Although it needs to have the usual
things dealt with (libs/libraries, libs/maintainers,
libs/atomic/index.html, marking up errors).