Subject: Re: [boost] [system] Add noexcept to conform with C++11
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-09 05:00:10

Le 08/12/12 21:19, Beman Dawes a écrit :
> On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 8:42 AM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba
> <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> any news on https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/7278.
>>
>> I could add them if you don't have the time now.
> Go ahead!

As the change is a breaking change I would like to update all the
libraries at once. I have identified the following dependent libraries:
asio, filesystem, thread. Are there other libraries?

Should I introduce the change conditionally so that the users could
comeback to the preceding semantics?
I was thinking on defining a new BOOST_SYSTEM_NOEXCEPT that the users
will use instead of BOOST_NOEXCEPT. The user could define
BOOST_SYSTEM_NOEXCEPT as nothing to get the old semantic.
Of course as the needed change in the user code is minor, we could also
choose the drastic way and add a breaking change respect to the
preceding version. Beman up to you to decide.

Best,
Vicente