Subject: Re: [boost] [release] permission to merge atomic and lockfree
From: Tim Blechmann (tim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-10 08:24:12

hi andrey,

>>> I'll get back to you about atomic. Although it needs to have the usual
>>> things dealt with (libs/libraries, libs/maintainers,
>>> libs/atomic/index.html, marking up errors).
>>
>> To avoid rushing atomic into release, it can have an extra week to get
>> things ready.
>
> Umm, so is atomic allowed to be merged? If so, are there other things
> (aside from what you have listed) that need to be done before the
> merge?

atm, there are two problems that i see:

* there are some test failures for msvc on 64bit platform. afaict, it
  is mainly a configuration issue.

* the cray testfarm machine reports some errors, which are most likely
  related to having a notion of `local' and `global' atomics. i
  suppose, this kind of machines won't be supported for now ...

apart from that, i think it is ready to merge, once the release managers
grant the permission ...

tim

btw, thanks for helping with the merge!