Subject: Re: [boost] [Git] Documentation for Git and Modular Boost conversion
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-10 09:09:56

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 5:20 PM, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Are the "non-boost" svn sources kept in git? I.e. where's the sandbox
> content? Where's the web site content? etc.

Excellent questions! Thanks!

AFAIK, Git will become the official VCS for all of Boost. Thus any
content that is still active should be moved to a git repo, But I
can't recall any specific discussions, so what follows is just a
guess.

The whole need for the sandbox being part of a boost repo goes away. A
proposed library such as used to go in the sandbox now just goes in
its own public repo. Probably easiest if it is hosed on GitHub, but it
could be hosted anywhere. I'll update
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/StartModDev to more clearly show
how that works.

For existing sandbox libraries that the owner wants to migrate to a
Git public repo, possibly retaining history, we will want to provide
whatever support is needed.

I haven't given any thought to migrating the web site. Dave?

--Beman