Subject: Re: [boost] [Git] Documentation for Git and Modular Boost conversion
From: Jürgen Hunold (jhunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-11 08:13:03

Hi,

On Tuesday, 11. December 2012 13:33:41 Daniel Pfeifer wrote:
> 2012/12/11 Vladimir Prus <ghost_at_[hidden]>

> > Uhm, so why is CMake now a requirement, and what are the plans for lifting
> > said requirement?
>
> I wrote the script in CMake, because that way it was easiest for me.
> If someone implements the same functionality in Python, we can replace the
> script.

Steven Watanabe has already mailed a patch to this standalon in the existing
Boost.Build system. I just can't find the mail at the moment and the patch does
not apply any more. Maybe Volodya can take a look at it?

> > I realize that requiring CMake is ingenious plan to further say 'look, we
> > require CMake already',
> > but that sounds like a dubious approach.
>
> Never attribute to malice...

I thought so :-) But I (and lots of other people) prefer Boost.Build.

Yours,

Jürgen

--
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold  !
* voice: ++49 4257 300       ! Fährstraße 1