Subject: Re: [boost] [Git] Documentation for Git and Modular Boost conversion
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-11 09:35:13

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 12:12 PM, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 8:43 PM, Julian Gonggrijp <j.gonggrijp_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> Browsing through the wiki pages linked from that section, a few things
>> caught my attention.
>>

>> wiki/ModCvtSvn2Git [1] states
>>
>>> Each individual Boost library's public repository will contain a
>>> single branch, "master", that corresponds to branches/release in
>>> Subversion.
>>
>> As I seemed to recall that the modularized Boost would adopt GitFlow,
>
> Yes, that's the plan.
>
>> I was surprised by the suggestion that a library's public repository
>> would not be allowed (or at least not required) to have a "develop"
>> branch corresponding to the Subversion "trunk".
>
> Hum... That's too narrow an interpretation. I've added wording to
> distinguish between initial state at conversion and then the ongoing
> workwflow

Update: Daniel Pfeifer is going to change the conversion script so
that both "master" (from svn branches/release) and "develop" (from svn
trunk) are present for all libraries. That will ensure that every
library gets started with the required branches, so is a nice
improvement. I'll update the docs accordingly once the change is made.

--Beman