Subject: Re: [boost] [Git] Documentation for Git and Modular Boost conversion
From: Robert Kawulak (robert.kawulak_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-11 19:28:22

> From: Beman Dawes
> now is boost-root/libs/simple/include/boost/simple/simple.hpp
>
> Note that the install procedure will install a logical link from
> boost-root/boost/simple to boost-root/libs/simple/include/boost/simple
> so that user includes like #include <boost/simple/simple.hpp> still
> work.

Sorry if it has been written somewhere and I'm overlooking it, but what happens
to convenience headers of the form "boost-root/boost/lib.hpp" that include
everything from "boost-root/boost/lib/"? Do they simply go to
"boost-root/libs/lib/include/boost/lib.hpp" and also get linked? Or are they
unsupported and "boost-root/libs/lib/include/boost/lib/all.hpp" is the preferred
convention instead?

Moreover - especially in the latter case - why the "boost/lib/" sub-dir in
"include/"? Couldn't the hierarchy be simplified so that a library's include
files go straight to "boost-root/libs/lib/include/"? Is it to allow for
including a stand-alone library's files consistently by using "#include
<boost/lib/...>"?

Best regards,
Robert