Subject: Re: [boost] [Git] Documentation for Git and Modular Boost conversion
From: Julian Gonggrijp (j.gonggrijp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-15 08:11:49

Paul A. Bristow wrote:

>> So you tried to create the symlinks manually...
>
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/StartModDev
> says
> "Create a symlink to simulate your library being installed as part of Boost:
>
> Windows: mklink /d simple ..\libs\simple\include\boost\simple
> POSIX: ln -s ../libs/simple/include/boost/simple simple"

I think you were using the right piece of documentation in this case,
because StartModDev is aimed at people who want to add their own
library (like trivial) while TryModBoost explains how to install the
existing libraries. As I said in the other email, I also think the
above *did* achieve the effect you wanted to achieve.

>> If you followed the documentation, you should have called this instead:
>>
>> cmake -P forward_headers.cmake
>
> Huh? I'm not using cmake am I? I'm using bjam/b2 aren't I?

Yes, mostly b2, but Daniel is right that the documentation in
TryModBoost *does* contain an invocation of cmake (which provides
symlinks for all existing boost libraries). This has been pointed out
before in [1]. You didn't actually need to run that command just in
order to get trivial working, though.

I hope everything is clear now!

-Julian

______