Subject: Re: [boost] [python] Proposal: RAII for Global Interpreter Lock (GIL)
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-15 20:39:34

on Fri Dec 14 2012, John Zwinck <jzwinck-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> There are many questions and example classes online for dealing with
> Python's Global Interpreter Lock (GIL) using RAII. I think
> Boost.Python should provide this functionality, rather than having
> users who build hybrid C++/Python applications copy-pasting code from
> various places. I was one of those users recently, and the code I
> developed to deal with it is now public:

<snip>

> I welcome any feedback regarding the suitability for inclusion in
> Boost of this particular code and/or the concepts it implements.

Hi John,

I haven't looked at the code but this sounds like a good idea to me. I
suggest you post to http://beta.boost.org/community/groups.html#cplussig
and/or open a ticket in Trac; it's likely to get more attention from the
current maintainers.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing                  Software Development        Training