Subject: Re: [boost] [Git] Documentation for Git and Modular Boost conversion
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-16 09:27:26

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 9:39 PM, Dave Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> on Mon Dec 10 2012, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot-AT-gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In browsing the repos <https://github.com/boost-lib> I notice that some
>> changes/actions have real users attached to them. While others just have
>> the "modbot" user. Is there a procedure for matching new users to old users?
>
> Yes, there will be. However
>
>> Along the same line of questioning.. Is there a procedure for getting users
>> added to the members of the "boost-lib" organization(user)?
>
> Now you can make administrative requests at
> https://github.com/boost-lib/admin/issues
>
> Setting this up is a little clumsy, but what I did was to make a team
> called "admin" and a repo called "admin" under the boost-lib
> organization, and assigned the repo to the team. The team (right now,
> and totally subject to adjustment) is Daniel Pfeifer, Beman Dawes, Eric
> Niebler, and me. We're also on the special "owners" team for the
> boost-lib org. According to GitHub docs, the team will receive email
> for every issue opened on that tracker.

Ah! I wasn't aware of that!

I've added a simple doc page,
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ModAdmin, using your response.

If the procedure changes or is replaced, please update accordingly.

Should library maintainers start requesting write permission now, or
wait until there is an official announcement on the mailing list?

Thanks,

--Beman