Subject: Re: [boost] [Git] Boost website changes?
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-16 12:59:34

On 15 December 2012 13:40, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> The www.boost.org web site content needs to be reviewed, and all the
> Subversion references and instructions changed to Git and modular
> Boost.

Here are the pages that need to be changed:

community/groups.html (the subversion commit list)
community/sandbox.html
support/bugs.html
development/running_regression_tests.html
development/testing.html (which is out of date anyway)
development/website_updating.html
users/download/index.html (this one is a bit tricky, so I'll handle it)

Subversion is mentioned on a lot of other pages - e.g. 'Clang from
subversion' in release notes, but they don't need to change. There's
also a couple things to do under 'site-tools', I'll handle that.

> What is the best way to handle that? Create a branch similar to beta.boost.org?

Could probably just do it on the beta branch, or maybe even live.
There's no reason to complicate things. Updating content is quite
different to development. It doesn't all break if someone makes a
typo.

> Who is willing to take on the management of updating web site content
> and monitor progress?

Updating the website shouldn't be considered a separate task,
otherwise it won't get done. I won't know what changes to make, and no
one else will bother. Whoever is dealing with the testing will need to
update the testing pages. And so on. If editing the html is too
difficult for anyone, they can write it up in plain text, and I'll
update the site.