Subject: Re: [boost] [Git] Regression testing modular Boost
From: Ryo IGARASHI (rigarash_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-17 04:03:46

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 1:43 PM, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Downloading the current trunk/release as a ZIP
> archive. I was hoping to use the github facility that exists for
> downloading ZIPs of the repos. But unfortunately I couldn't make it
> attached the contents of the indirect references to the library subrepos.
> Hence the complexity of supporting testing with ZIPs is now a magnitude
> larger as it means dealing with fetching more than a hundred individual
> repos :-(

FYI (you might know already), github recently announced that manual uploading
of files to github is deprecated [1]. If github's 'downloadable source
code archives'
does not allow zipping all subrepos (as you found), boost.org server may need to
run some cron script to create and host the daily snapshot of
'monolithic' source
code.

[1] https://github.com/blog/1302-goodbye-uploads

Best regards,