Subject: [boost] [Git] ** Attention All Boost Committers **
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-23 17:23:14

If you have *ever* checked *anything* (e.g. code or documentation) into
the Boost Subversion repository, this message applies to you.

Git uses email addresses to identify authors and committers. In order
to accurately convert Subversion history to Git, we need to map all (or
as many as possible) Subversion user IDs to working email addresses.

I have posted a provisional UserID mapping table at
https://github.com/boost-lib/boost/wiki/AuthorMapping (with a simple
mangling of '@'=>'<>' and '.'=>'~'). If your email address is
already in the table, you've been Bcc'd on this message, which may
explain the appearance of multiple copies in your mailbox.

I request that you make corrections to this table. To edit the table
directly, you'll need to be logged into GitHub. Direct correction is by
far the preferable approach, but if you don't have---and don't want to
acquire---a free GitHub account, you can send edits directly to me.

Important notes (these also appear on the page with the table)

* You may have several userids (e.g. I appear to have "dave,"
  "abrahams," and "david_abrahams" --- probably left over from the
  transition from SourceForge CVS to our own SVN). Please look
  carefully to be sure that you have accounted for all your userids, and
  please use the same name and email address for each of them. Please
  *make sure that all non-duplicate userids stay in the table*. For
  example, all three of my userids are still there.

* A given userid may appear several times in the table. If that userid
  belongs to you, please delete all but one line. If you don't, we will
  just use the first entry with that userid.

* If you have a GitHub account, please make sure the email address you
  use in the table is associated with that account at
  https://github.com/settings/emails

Thanks for your cooperation.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing                  Software Development        Training