Subject: Re: [boost] Boost SIMD beta release
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-24 12:18:18

on Mon Dec 24 2012, Mathias Gaunard <mathias.gaunard-AT-ens-lyon.org> wrote:

> On 24/12/12 03:55, Dave Abrahams wrote:
>
>> depending on segment alignment
>
> I give up.
> If you want to discuss this with me, please at least take the time to
> read what I said.

I did read it. Quite carefully, I thought.

I probably used the wrong words. What I meant by "segment alignment" in
this case was "whether or not the start and end fall into the same
segment," which according to what you wrote, could amount to "whether or
not there is more than a SIMD vector's worth of data."

> It is probably simpler to drop the subject.

Probably, but neither of us will learn anything from this discussion if
we do. I'm still eager to understand if, and how, my theory is full of
hooey. Nobody else is stepping forward to explain it, so I guess you're
the only guy who can.

> Merry Christmas.

hohoho-ly y'rs,

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing                  Software Development        Training