Subject: Re: [boost] Losing history (Was: [git] Boost.Build location_
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-28 08:19:21

Artyom Beilis <artyomtnk <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> I'm sorry but projects way bigger and complext than boost handle entire history
> and use full code (Linux... for example)

Right, but those projects aren't being split into hundreds of individual modules
which will often coexist in separate repositories on the same machine. Always
storing the full history of all of Boost in each of those individual repositories
doesn't make sense. Part of the point of this transition is to make development
less encumbered for everyone, and that would have the opposite effect.