Subject: Re: [boost] [1.53.0] Release Notes
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-04 08:42:48

Daniel James wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Please can you send me your library's release notes for 1.53. Or if
> you prefer you can add them yourself to:
>
> http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/website/public_html/live/feed/history/boost_1_53_0.qbk

Hello Daniel,

Can you please add the following to the Smart Pointers section:

* `shared_ptr` can now be used to hold a pointer to a dynamically allocated
array. This is accomplished by using an array type (`T[]` or `T[N]`) as the
template parameter.

* Smart pointers now use `explicit operator bool` on C++11 compilers. This
can break code that passes a smart pointer to a function taking a `bool`, or
that returns a smart pointer from a function with a `bool` return type.
Please use `p != 0` or `!!p` in such cases.