Subject: Re: [boost] Query of Interest in annotated tree extensions to Boost.Intrusive
From: Jeff Snyder (jeff-boostlists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-20 19:53:57

Thorsten Ottosen <thorsten.ottosen <at> dezide.com> writes:

> Very intesting and useful. So +1 for interest.

Ta!

> Question: have you thought about how difficult this is to add to
> Boost.MultiIndex/Boost.Bimap?

I haven't given it any thought until now.

In principle I don't see any problem with adding it to either.

>From a MultiIndex user's perspective, you'd be adding augmentations to specific
ordered indexes.

I expect the main difficulty would just be the duplication of effort. I don't
think that having the Intrusive augmentations code available would make the task
of adding augmentations to MultiIndex/Bimap much quicker.

But I could be wrong on that last point - I'll take a look at multi-index
sometime (no promises of when) to get a better idea.

It's a pity that these libraries aren't built upon Boost.Intrusive; that'd make
it
rather easy!

Cheers,
Jeff