Subject: [boost] boost::bimap and boost::interprocess
From: Joel Young (jdy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-24 16:54:52

I've been trying to get boost::bimap to work in a
boost::interprocess::managed_mapped_file.

I've attached two small programs. Both compile with g++ 4.7. One
(multiindex.c++) puts a multi_index into the managed_mapped_file. On
the first run, it creates the data structure puts some stuff in it,
then reopens the data structure and outputs the stuff. On the second
run, it does the same thing, but it uses the data stored in the mapped
file.

The other program (bimap.c++) does exactly the same thing, but when
run the second time it crashes. My guess is because bimap isn't quite
interprocess compatible---that is, it isn't using the provided
allocator for EVERYTHING.

Compiled with:
g++ -o multiindex multiindex.c++ -lpthread
and
g++ -g -o bimap bimap.c++ -lpthread

Any suggestions? Any chance of bimap being made interprocess compatible?

Thanks!

Joel