Subject: Re: [boost] boost::bimap and boost::interprocess
From: Matias Capeletto (matias.capeletto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-25 07:33:16

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 11:37 AM, Andrey Semashev
<andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Is it possible to port both Boost.MultiIndex and Boost.Bimap to
> Boost.Intrusive? The latter is capable of being process-independent (this
> feature is used in Boost.Interprocess). I guess this would also simplify
> Boost.MultiIndex significantly.

Boost.MultiIndex already works with Boost.Interprocess with out
problem. Boost.Bimap is not failing because of a limitation of
Boost.MultiIndex but just because of how views are maintained right
now that has nothing to do with the internal data structure. So going
to Boost.Intrusive, although could simplify things inside MultiIndex
will not help me here. I will change how I am referencing the core
from the views when I finish the update and this problem will be gone.

Best
Matias