Subject: Re: [boost] [variant] Please vote for behavior
From: Joel de Guzman (djowel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-25 20:58:24

On 1/26/13 7:58 AM, Dave Abrahams wrote:
>> I completely agree with the notion that a moved-from object simply should
>> >not be used in any manner.

> Well, that's just wrong, for the non-destructive move model used by the
> standard. The standard library relies on the ability to both assign
> and destroy moved-from elements. If you want destructive move, that's a
> whole research project. We on the committee who created rvalue
> references couldn't figure out how to make it work.

(The) ability to both assign and destroy? Is that all that it needs?
Then we should be OK. A nulled recursive_wrapper can both be assigned
and destroyed. It just can't do other things apart from that, such
as get the underlying T& and call its member functions.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boostpro.com