Subject: Re: [boost] [mixin] Introducing a new library.
From: Borislav Stanimirov (b.stanimirov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-31 02:44:22

On 01/31/2013 09:30 AM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:
> Le 30/01/13 20:53, Borislav Stanimirov a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> Boost.Mixin is a library I'm developing with the idea to someday
>> submit it to Boost.
>>
>> It is an entity-component system, with full abstraction between
>> interface and implementation.
>>
>> [... snip ...]
>> Here is a github link to the library: http://github.com/iboB/boost.mixin
>> A working example can be found here:
>> http://github.com/iboB/boost.mixin/tree/master/libs/mixin/example/basic
>>
> Hi,
>
> IIUC your library is related to the subject-role [1] but a mixin is more
> an aspect of an entity than a role.
>
> Could the user define a typed subjects, that is an entity that have some
> specific mixins?

Right now this is possible with the object_transformer class, wich
allows you to manually add specific mixins to an object (or remove
them). A planned feature is to have object type templates, where just
calling `new` will create an object with a list of specific mixins

> Could the user see an object restricted to some of his mixins?

This is a planned feature too. Also automatically injecting specific
mixins. Also automatically replacing given mixins with others.