Subject: Re: [boost] [filesystem] thread safety on msvc 2010
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-31 17:33:31

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 10:52 PM, Jacob Schloss
<jacob.schloss_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> Message: 9
>> Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 11:05:07 -0500
>> From: Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]>
>> To: boost_at_[hidden]
>> Subject: Re: [boost] [filesystem] thread safety on msvc 2010
>>

>> Some critical points to getting a patch accepted are that it applies
>> only to the affected platform (i.e. Windows) and that it includes test
>> cases that fail with the current code but pass with the patch applied.
>> If it works for you with msvc 2010, I can test with other versions and
>> compilers.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --Beman
>>

> Ok, I have some test code I could submit. Is it all right to use
> boost::threads in the test so it is cross platform?

Yes. Before it gets committed to trunk the test should be in a
separate test program rather than in one of the existing test programs
so that if the threading fails the problem is isolated from the other
tests for that platform.

> It might be a while (have trip for work soon) until I have time to pull svn
> (or git, looks like that move is happening soon) and make the patch, but I
> will try to follow up on this when I get back.

Just let me know whenever something is available.

Thanks,

--Beman