Subject: Re: [boost] Writing documentation
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-02 12:18:44

On Saturday 02 February 2013 18:43:42 Borislav Stanimirov wrote:
> On 02/02/2013 06:33 PM, Andrey Semashev wrote:

> >> Hi again,
> >>
> >> Perhaps you could help me a bit more?
> >>
> >> I tried creating a Jamfile.v2 for my book. Here it is:
> >>
> >> using quickbook ;
> >> xml mixin_doc : mixin.qbk ;
> >> boostbook mixin : mixin_doc ;
> >> install html ;
> >>
> >> It successfully generateates mixin_doc.xml but doesn't generate any
> >> html. Here's the output:
> >>
> >> warn: Unable to construct ./mixin
> >> ...found 7 targets...
> >> ...updating 4 targets...
> >> common.mkdir bin
> >> common.mkdir bin/gcc-4.6
> >> common.mkdir bin/gcc-4.6/debug
> >> quickbook.quickbook-to-boostbook bin/gcc-4.6/debug/mixin_doc.xml
> >> Generating Output File: bin/gcc-4.6/debug/mixin_doc.xml
> >> ...updated 4 targets...
> >>
> >> Am I missing something?
> >
> > I'm not sure. Did you also install xsltproc and docbook packages as
> > described in the installation guide?
>
> Yes I did.
>
> $ dpkg --get-selections | grep -e docbook -e xsltproc
> docbook install
> docbook-xml install
> docbook-xsl install
> xsltproc install
>
> I don't have doxygen though. Could that be the problem?

This shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't use it.

Are you sure you also added the necessary lines to user-config.jam? Here's
what I have in mine:

using xsltproc ;
using boostbook ;
using doxygen ;
using quickbook ;

I have the standard docbook packages from Kubuntu 12.10.

I just created the Jamfile.v2 you posted in libs/mixin/doc and a dummy qbk
based on quickbook.qbk (with the QuickBook header and a single empty section).
Then I ran "bjam release link=static libs/mixin/doc" from Boost root and got
the html directory there afterwards. Not sure what could go wrong.