Subject: Re: [boost] [Fusion] Some ideas
From: TONGARI (tongari95_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-03 10:24:50

2013/2/3 Joel de Guzman <djowel_at_[hidden]>

> On 2/3/13 9:59 PM, TONGARI wrote:
>
>> Just uploaded to:
>>
>> https://github.com/jamboree/**Boost.FusionEx>
>>
>> There are:
>> + mapping
>> + left_mapping
>> + full_mapping
>>
>> Simple tests contained.
>> Comments/improvements are welcome :^)
>>

> By looking at the sample code, it seems I misunderstood your original
> post by a long shot.

How did you understand it then?
There's a bit different than what I originally wrote.

The first thought was to map-assign the data:

    mapping(dst, src)

And now it's more general:

    result = mapping(a, b, binary_op_on_data)

returns a view which is also associative

FWIW, "mapping/left_mapping/full_mapping" are analog to "inner
join/left join/full join" in relational DB.

Could you please provide some rough text about
> these algorithms/views by presenting some real world use cases and how
> these are solved by your additions?

I intend to do it for mapping between different pixel formats.

e.g.

    gil::rgba8_pixel_t dst;
    gil::bgra8_pixel_t src;

    eval(left_mapping(view(dst), src, alpha_blend));

> Thanks for your patience!

Thanks